JOINING JLM AS A NEW MEMBER
CRITERIA TO JOIN:
- You must be at least 21 years of age when you begin your New Member program.
- You must be a resident of Miami-Dade County.
- You share the JLM’s values and support our mission to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training. You wish to be united by our commitment to serve our community through trained volunteer service and develop the potential of women everywhere, and you are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities.
NEW MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- DUES – New Member dues are $225 for annual membership. Please note all paid dues are nonrefundable. Depending on the date of your application, dues will be prorated as follows:
- July 1 – Sept 30: New Member dues = $225.00
- Oct 1 – Dec 31: New Member dues = $168.75
- Jan 1 – Mar 31: New Member dues = $112.50*
- Apr 1 – June 30: New Member dues= $56.25 (current League year) + $225 (next League year)**
- CURRICULUM REQUIREMENTS – Our New Member curriculum is designed to take between 6-12 months to complete, and our New Members join on a rolling basis year-round. As part of the curriculum, new members will learn and volunteer with all aspects of JLM, by participating in trainings, attending meetings and events, volunteering, assisting with fundraising, and paying dues. We hold a JLM 101 class in late August/early September and again in January, as many new members join around these times. New Members are also assigned a New Member Guide, an Active JLM member who will be your point of contact as you complete your New Member requirements. Please note that full JLM year dues cover July 1 – June 30.
HOW TO JOIN
- Click here to submit an application. You will be sent next steps within 72 hours.
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
- If you would like more information before joining the JLM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for information on joining and about upcoming events. Thanks to rolling admissions, you can attend an event and learn more about the JLM before joining.
*Please note that additional League dues of $225 will be due in March for the following League Year.
**Please note that you will need to pay the pro-rated dues for the current year plus the total dues for the following League year.