JOIN US AS WE CELEBRATE THE WOMEN IN OUR COMMUNITY
Each year, the Junior League of Miami hosts a Spring event to recognize several outstanding women who exemplify the League’s mission of promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities. These women have made a positive contribution to Miami and/or the surrounding communities. At least one woman must be a JLM Sustaining Member.
Proceeds from this event will support programs focused on women and children at risk. Individual and corporate support will fund our community projects and signature programs. For more than 90 years, the Junior League of Miami, Inc. and the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI) has worked at the forefront of social reform, tackling the toughest and most critical issues of the day —including childhood nutrition and obesity, human trafficking, foster care, juvenile justice, teen self-esteem, cybercrimes, literacy and the environment, among others—for the purpose of enhancing the social, cultural and political fabric of civil society. As a result of this work, JLM and AJLI —and the more than 125,000 women in over 290 communities in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada and Mexico who comprise its ranks—has amassed an archive of tangible results and a reputation as thoughtful and influential change agents dedicated to the public good.
INTERESTED IN ATTENDING OR SUPPORTING?
Please click here to purchase tickets or sponsor the event.
To learn more about sponsoring, click here.
For any questions or general inquiries with regards to the 2022 event, please email Jillian Kuehl and Taylor McKee at email@example.com
To make a nomination for this year’s Women Who Make a Difference please please complete the linked form here.
Claudia de la Cruz
Rebecca Fishman Lipsey
Mary Bradley Shafey2020
Maria Clara Harrington
Lileana de Moya
Ana Veiga Milton
Becky Roper Matkov
Katherine Fernandez Rundle
Arva Moore Parks
Maria C. Alonso
Jennifer D. Ellis, Esq.
Regina Jollivette Frazier
Lourdes Castillo de la Pena
Edith Osman, Esq.
Tim Carroll-Scott, MD, FAAP
Caryn Lubetsky, Esq.
Trudy Novicki, Esq.
Sister Sheila Foy
Melanie Emmons Damian
Nancy T. Hector
The Honorable Bonnie Rippingille
The Honorable Jeri Beth Cohen
Sister Camille Saieh
Dr. Lumane Pluviose-Claude
Past Committee Chairs
- 2021: Merdochey LaFrance, Jacklyn Dadas-Kraper, Jillian Kuehl
- 2020: Candace Tejidor and Taylor Abess
- 2019: Monique Lavender Greenberg and Megan DeMilia
- 2018: Christine Trucoo and Raquel Zuniga
- 2017: Meg McIntosh and Mary Jane Dacek
- 2016: Silvia Corral and Rosemary Hartigan
- 2015: Jessica Delgado, Amanda Kinney and Laura Preuss-Kuhne
- 2014: Kim Sarkisian
- 2013: Jennifer Cohen and Corinne “Coki” Guerra
- 2012: Amanda Kessler and Lauren Billingslea Dowlen
- 2011: Amber Seidle-Lazo, Luly Sixto-Yero and Michelle McClaskey
- 2010: Bibi Cruz-Ledón Sears, Marlene Fernandez-Karavetsos and April Pizzo
- 2009: Ali Nason-Aymerich and Teresa Thornberg
- 2008: Melissa Tolmach and Lauren Billingslea Dowlen
- 2007: Vicky Hucks and Jen Green
- 2006: Betty Lopez-Castro and Christina Urena
- 2005: Alise Johnson and Michelle Ramirez-Patricios
- 2004: Lauren Harrison Genovese
- 2003: Loretta Nido and Lauren Harrison Genovese
- 2002: Cheryl Goldstein and Karen Key Cabrera
For any questions or general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.